08:58

All in a Weeks Work

Posted by Author |

I knew that the gods were plotting against me, a bad week was brewing when on Monday morning in the pouring rain I returned my teenage daughter to school a day early. The headmistress called to inform me "Whilst Mary's a delighful student, always eager to work, we feel it unnecessary for her to attend extra days she is, afterall, up to date with her studies."
Probably more embarrasing than having sent Mary on that day was my inital lack of understanding of the headmistress's rather entertaining telephone call. I returned to collect an unimpressed child, making me late for work.


Tuesday seemed to go off without too much of a hitch, I pondered one day out of five wasn't bad. By Wednesday lunchtime when an unhelpful driver from the Transit van brigade refused to help move the several heavy parcels he had dumped outside my premises while I was on the phone claiming "I'm a delivery driver not a removal man." I figured I'd been grateful too soon.
Having lugged the parcels inside and unpacked the goodies there was more frustration when two of the boxes whilst being labelled with my company name and address were clearly intended for somebody else. I'm liberal, open-minded, but I ask you what use has a stained glass business with a mixture of candy underwear and plastic things meant to resemble parts of the human body which actually look like things from outerspace?
What with angry customers not receiving the items They'd ordered missing from the delivery, due to the 'strange box' mix up. Trying to convince the delivery company that while I had no doubt there was a genuine need for those brightly coloured plastic things and I believed that the very large illuminous pink one was indeed their best seller I had no need for them and would appreciate them collecting said items. 5.00 pm was very welcome on Friday.


As I sat on the sofa trying to de-work and awaken the homelife side of my brain I nodded gratefully as my husband asked "shall I draw you a bath?" only to find that several moments later he presented me a small sketch of YEP a bath.
All pictures from google images.

0 comments:

Post a Comment